The Conference will take place as a closing event to the Academy. It will be hosted online on 8 February 2023 via Zoom.
The event brings together high-level representatives from international organizations and local governments, who are presented with the outcome of the Academy: the Outcome Document. This contains encouragements for local governments, building on the inputs shared during the Academy.
You can always find the current version of the programme here.
Here is a tentative outline:
- Wednesday, 1 February 2023: Stocktaking: Human rights objectives in public management (11:30 – 16:00 CET)
- Thursday, 2 February 2023: Implementing human rights in public management: what works? (12:00 – 16:00 CET)
- Friday, 3 February 2023: Networking opportunities for the next generation (13:30 – 15:30 CET)
- Monday, 6 February 2023: Way forward: Building bridges towards sustainable results (12:00 – 16:00 CET)
- Tuesday, 7 February 2023: Networking and cooperation–building (12:00 – 16:00 CET)
- Wednesday, 8 February 2023: High Level Conference to discuss and present the Outcome Document (exact time tba)
In general, we recommend the following to take part in our online events:
- good, stable Internet connection (no mobile networks)
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge (Opera is not supported by BigBlueButton!)
- Headphones and microphone
- A quiet location from where you can take part
Please avoid the use of institutional networks, as this can lead to firewall issues.
The event is organized by the International Centre for the Promotion of Human Rights at the Local and Regional Levels under the auspices of UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair in Human Rights and Human Security in cooperation with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), UN-Habitat, the Council of Europe’s Congress of Local and Regional Authorities, The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), United Cities and Local Governments, the Austrian Federal Ministry of European and International Affairs (BMEIA), the Federal Province of Styria, the City of Graz, and the University of Graz.
Both events are held online.
The Academy will be held on an open source conferencing software called BigBlueButton. The International Centre for the Promotion of Human Rights at the Local and Regional Levels hosts the platform on its own, secure and encrypted server. Users do not have to download anything and can simply participate securely via their browsers.
The Academy will be held in English without translation.
The Conference takes place on Zoom. There will be live interpretation in German, English, and French.